AquaTech-logo new
Close this search box.

Why Waterproofing Will Help Keep A Home Healthy


The drainage of water in your home can cause headaches, mainly when it has run out of your control. Drainage issues can be hectic when water or moisture starts penetrating or finding its way into your house. 

Waterproofing your basement comes with a lot of advantages. It protects the home and keeps the house in good shape. If you have problems with a wet basement in Toronto, you want to ensure that you consult experts in waterproofing. Interior and exterior waterproofing a basement curb moisture from accessing the house. Water can be a problem when it is allowed to get access to the house.

To learn why waterproofing will help keep a home healthy, Aquatech Waterproofing has three crucial reasons below.

Three Reasons Why Waterproofing Will Help Keep A Home Healthy

Waterproofing Prevents Mould Development

When water gets into the basement space, there’s a threat of mould growth. Mould thrives in dark and moist areas and are ideal breeding grounds for these microbes. Moisture forms a haven for the development and growth of mould. Mould growth poses several health problems to yourself and your family at large. One of the disgusting things is that mould can grow within short periods.

Why Waterproofing Will Help Keep A Home Healthy

In a short period of fewer than 48 hours, you can have mould growing when the conditions are right for them to develop. If you are sensitive to mould growth, you will have it rough. Mould exposure can cause several health problems, including nasal cavity stuffiness, skin itching and scratching, sneezing, coughing, eye irritation, and wheezing. With basement waterproofing against mould, you eliminate the chances of mould growing hence minimize the health hazards. Seeking waterproofing solutions in Toronto for a wet basement can do away with this problem.

You Breathe Quality Air

When damp invades the basement, mould may grow, and the home begins to smell bad. The decomposing organic matter due to mould growth will result in a pungent smell. Mould feeds on organic substances such as wood. That’s why you find that dampness takes its toll on your wood surfaces and structures pretty fast. Spores of mould can also be floating around in the air you breathe, which may make you become sick or develop allergy reactions.

Prevents Food Poisoning

Mould growing in your basement can cause food poisoning the moment you leave your food uncovered. The effects can be both on cooked and uncooked food. Consumption of food with mould spores can cause severe stomach problems hence affecting your health. However, not all moulds are poisonous.

Toxic mould can cause stomach ache and diarrhea when you eat food contaminated by the microbes. If moisture is allowed to enter your house, you are at the risk of experiencing this problem frequently; hence the higher the chances of harming your intestinal health.

Mould can even be worse if you’re allergic to it. Your reaction might be hypersensitive the moment of mould exposure. Your health status might be significantly affected the moment you get into contact with it. It is essential to seal all the seeping water areas into your indoor space. 

Waterproofing your home is a reliable solution for a wet basement. Aquatech Waterproofing can provide you with exterior and interior wet basement waterproofing solutions. Call us today for a free waterproofing estimate, 416-300-2191.