Terrace waterproofing is an impervious barrier formation over the surface area of roofs, walls, foundations, and other building structures to prevent water leakage through surfaces or cracks. There are some commonly-used used materials for waterproofing terraces. They are bituminous, cementitious, and liquid waterproofing membranes, amongst others. Given below is a brief description of some of these methods.
The waterproofing method used is a major factor that decides the total cost of your waterproofing in Toronto. It becomes very important to choose among the different methods available because you can choose the most cost-effective way. And, the materials your contractors are using also add to the total cost. You must ensure that you are using good quality material for longevity.
Terrace Waterproofing Methods for Your Home:
- Cementitious Waterproofing Method: This method consists of a thin layer of coating, which is that of a primer coat, followed by two topcoats. We are applying coats using a trowel, roller, or spray. However, the cementitious method is less flexible than liquid waterproofing because of the solid material used.
- Liquid Waterproofing Membrane Method: This method consists of a thin layer of coating, which is that of a primer coat, followed by two topcoats. We are applying coats using a trowel, roller, or spray. However, the liquid method is more flexible than cementitious waterproofing because you get a liquid-based membrane.
- Bituminous Coating Waterproofing Method: This type of coating is applied following polymerization grade and formulation. It is an excellent waterproofing method for concrete terraces.
- Bituminous Membrane Waterproofing Method: This method is prevalent on low-sloped terraces due to its performance. Bituminous waterproofing membrane consists of a self-adhesive and torch-on membrane.
- Polyurethane Liquid Membrane Waterproofing Method: The polyurethane liquid waterproofing method is used for flat-roof areas. This expensive method offers much higher flexibility.
Get Expert Waterproofing Services
At Aquatech Basement Waterproofing, we have been helping homeowners in Toronto for 25 years with the best reliable terrace waterproofing solutions. With over 35000+ repairs and 350+ reviews online, we are an experienced company that provides guaranteed results.
We understand that your home becoming flooded with water can raise numerous problems, including mould growth, water leakage, wall cracks, foundation damage, and more. We will help you to cope with these problems and efficiently manage them.
Contact Aquatech Waterproofing to prevent water seepage into your home from the terrace. Our terrace waterproofing services ensure that you will not have to think about waterproofing for a long time. Our experienced staff will take care of your roof for you. Call Aquatech waterproofing today to stop your roof from becoming damaged beyond repair.
You can get expert waterproofing services from Aquatech Waterproofing contractors in Toronto. We provide you with the most affordable and reliable services for all your waterproofing problems.