Is Basement Waterproofing Available When It’s Cold?
In Canada, it’s normal that the winter lasts over a few months. In this period, the foundation will adhere to a pattern of constant freezing and thawing. This eventually makes a gap around the house, making cellar leakage a higher chance. Additionally, when the weather gets warmer, the melting of snow and continuous rain may lead to leaking from the basement also. For all these reasons, basement waterproofing isn’t just readily done from the wintertime; however, it’s also a perfect time to protect against leaking.
What Kind Of Basement Waterproofing Is Available In Winter?
Basement waterproofing in winter can be completed inside or outside, below are fixes which are accomplished easily in the wintertime.
- Exterior waterproofing
- Interior waterproofing
- Exterior and interior installation of drain and weeping tiles
- Exterior and interior underpinning
- Sump pump installations
Any or all the above-mentioned solutions could function to avoid a leaky basement. If you can’t do yourself, basement waterproofing companies usually have more time in the winter because it’s off-season. Though waterproofing is challenging from the winter months, it’s still an essential measure to protect against leaking.
Why Can Waterproofing A Basement Be Difficult In The Winter?
There are lots of reasons why basement waterproofing could be challenging in the winter months if handled by untrained crews, for example:
- It is hard to dig through frozen soil around the outside if not done properly
- The mound of soil following excavation takes place has the possibility of freezing
- If a base wall or footing is left available to freezing temperatures for too long, frost may creep in the structure and also damage it
- Snow and soil can be blended, making it extremely tough to clean up the site after the conclusion
Despite the challenges of basement waterproofing in the winter, it’s still essential to protect the basement from damage brought on by freezing temperatures. Choosing the proper contractor for winter waterproofing is a must.
In case you have any questions or need basement waterproofing services, contact Aquatech Waterproofing today!